Chicks on Lit

Written by and for women who read books other than romance novels. And like them.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Summer Reading, Anyone?

So, I'm not unemployed yet and I want to read something this summer. Possibly lots of somethings. It doesn't have to be fluffy, nor does it have to be heavy.

I fully intend on reading both The Last Lecture and The Road this year. And maybe I will start reading some Stephenie Meyer ... her first novel for adults, The Host, looks REALLY interesting. And who doesn't like a good suspense story? So, her young adult novels are also on the list. Starting with Twilight.

I've already finished rereading the Narnia books (except The Last Battle) and I've read the last Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants book. (I wasn't disappointed, but I am a little regretful that it's over.)

What else is out there?

What about the new David Sedaris book - When You Are Engulfed in Flames ?
Or what about the Steve Martin autobiography - Born Standing Up ?

Suggestions anyone?

4 Comments:

At Sun Jun 08, 01:05:00 PM EDT, Blogger Sara Crecelius (AND YOU GUYS!) said...

I didn't like The Road.

 
At Fri Jun 13, 09:01:00 PM EDT, Blogger Lizzy Wednesday said...

Lots of people didn't, but the film is currently in production, so I'd like to give it a shot.

 
At Sun Jun 15, 09:09:00 AM EDT, Blogger Sara Crecelius (AND YOU GUYS!) said...

I'll be starting Sedaris shortly.

 
At Fri Mar 06, 04:47:00 PM EST, Blogger Sara Crecelius (AND YOU GUYS!) said...

The Last Lecture was good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home