Chicks on Lit

Written by and for women who read books other than romance novels. And like them.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Summer Reading - Part Deux!

Ha!

Thought you could escape the tried-and-true summer reading experience, did you?

Not likely, especially with really interesting (or interesting-looking) books being published this season. . . there are so many great options, even if you (like Clo) don't like Harry Potter.

My most recent reads are
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner

As I told Clo the other night, I picked up the J. Weiner all on my own with no prompting. . .other than the fact that I had enjoyed the movie version very much, so I figured the book wouldn't kill me. Clo was proud; it's a book out of my comfort zone. (So far, so good but it's become my waiting-room book.)

SO ... What have you been reading lately?

4 Comments:

At Thu Jul 26, 09:22:00 PM EDT, Blogger Sara Crecelius (AND YOU GUYS!) said...

Yeah! Lizzy's outside her comfort zone!!! Welcome to the land of the unknown, but watch out, there's a lot of crap around here!

 
At Thu Aug 09, 07:51:00 PM EDT, Blogger Lizzy Wednesday said...

Usually, if it's pink and fuzzy on the cover, I am loath to pick it up.

 
At Fri Aug 17, 09:40:00 AM EDT, Blogger Sara Crecelius (AND YOU GUYS!) said...

What about purple and sparkly?

 
At Tue Aug 21, 09:16:00 PM EDT, Blogger Lizzy Wednesday said...

Purple is OK.
Sparkles are OK.


Purple and Sparkles will make me point and say "ooh, shiny" and stand in the aisle for about 10 minutes because I got distracted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home