Chicks on Lit

Written by and for women who read books other than romance novels. And like them.

Monday, December 03, 2007

The Wild and Crazy Guy Explains Everything

OK, not exactly.

Steve Martin wrote a memoir called Born Standing Up.

I love Steve Martin. I've seen clips from his wacky stand-up days and "get" the arrow-through-the-head gag. I was 18 before I knew what a placebo was, but I laughed anyway.

Ben Yagoda gave the book a pretty good review in Slate this week.

Janet Maslin didn't hate it.















I want to read it! (And I think Clo does and she'd better not buy it.)

4 Comments:

At Sun Dec 16, 07:47:00 AM EST, Blogger Sara Crecelius (AND YOU GUYS!) said...

No, I haven't bought it yet. It looks sooooo good. Have you read Shopgirl or The Pleasure of My Company? Very good stuff. :)

 
At Fri Dec 21, 10:24:00 AM EST, Blogger Lizzy Wednesday said...

I haven't read either yet, but I will.

 
At Tue Jan 08, 08:53:00 PM EST, Blogger Sara Crecelius (AND YOU GUYS!) said...

Very interesting book. And Steve Martin looks almost exactly the same.

 
At Fri Feb 01, 07:22:00 PM EST, Blogger Lizzy Wednesday said...

His hair went gray prematurely. That's why.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home